Volunteers in Action is the Young Professionals Volunteer Corps of Jewish Family & Career Services. Our mission is to engage, unite and inspire young professionals through community service.
VIA provides volunteers with monthly community service projects that benefit individuals throughout the greater Atlanta area as well as within the JF&CS community. VIA strives to make a great impact in whatever we do, and we are looking for volunteers who are passionate about service. Meet other volunteers who share the same interests of doing community service and having fun VIA JF&CS!
VIA is for young Jewish professionals between the ages of 21 and 40. The population the group serves varies, depending on the projects we are doing that benefit JF&CS or the community.
Leadership VIA JF&CS: We encourage volunteers to develop leadership roles within VIA and JF&CS. VIA has a planning committee that develops new project ideas and activities that will attract a diverse group of people. A gateway into JF&CS, VIA can introduce you to all programming areas and help find the perfect volunteer opportunity for every individual or family!
VIA Chair: Alyse Finkel, VIA Co-Chair: Molly Levinson
- Community Service Projects: Give back to your community by organizing volunteer opportunities
- Events: Plan and promote annual events sponsored by JF&CS, including Havinagala, Mitzvah Day, The Annual Larry Bregman, M.D., Educational Conference, Artscape and The Tasting.
- Programming: Create programming for young professionals around JF&CS services, such as networking events
- Development: Strategize sponsorships, fundraising and new giving strategy’s for young donors
- Family-Friendly: Organize social action activities to engage young families