Did you know loneliness can negatively affect a senior's health and wellbeing? Sometimes a simple reminder that you are loved and remembered can make a world of difference.
For that reason, we offer Aviv Celebrations. You can create unique, handmade birthday and get well cards for seniors who receive services from JF&CS.
Join us in making some cards today! Mel and Silly Puppy from the Center for Puppetry Arts show you how!
Step 1: Make Your Cards
Making a card is easy and fun! Whether you're looking for something to do on a rainy day, or planning a group activity, all you need is some construction paper, some markers, and your imagination!
- Size 6" x 9" - Use the 9" by 12" construction paper and fold in half. The card can be created horizontally or vertically.
- Please write in print - Please make an effort to have the cardmaker write in large block print. (See the sample cards below.)
- Front of the card - Create a picture, collage, or some form of artwork for the front with a simple "Happy Birthday" or "Get Well Soon". Drawing and coloring a picture will do the trick. (Please do not use glitter or sequins as they fall off easily.)
- Inside the card - Share a simple greeting or poem. This makes handmade cards a personal and thoughtful gift for the person to receive.
- Sign the card (optional) - On the back of the card (lower left hand corner), print your first name only and age of the cardmaker if you like. For example: (name only) Katie; OR (with age) Danny - 3 years old.
Download our Guidelines for Making Aviv Celebrations Cards (287 Kb PDF).
Step 2: Get Your Cards to JF&CS
After you finish your cards, our office volunteers will address and mail them to older adults. Mail or deliver your cards and a Card Information Form (323 Kb PDF) to:
Attn: Aviv Celebrations
4549 Chamblee Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, GA 30338