JF&CS volunteers make a significant impact every day. From transportation for seniors to event planning to spending time with their Little PALs, volunteers contribute thousands of hours to JF&CS each year and their commitment goes far beyond any program requirements. We are committed to helping you find the right fit that meets your interests and schedule.
Take a look at all of the ways you can contribute and think about how you see yourself getting involved. Then, sign up for the next orientation and get started volunteering!
Types of Volunteer Opportunities
- Client Connections - Volunteers work closely with JF&CS clients.
- Lasting Friendships - Volunteers are matched one-on-one with an individual for mentoring and friendship.
- Behind the Scenes - Non-client facing opportunities with flexible commitments.
- Group Projects - Organized by a small group or individual.
- B'nai Mitzvah and Synagogue Projects - Organized through a synagogue or coordinated as a B’nai Mitzvah project.
- VIA (Volunteers in Action) - the Young Professionals Volunteer Corps of Jewish Family & Career Services.
- FITS (Families Inspired To Serve) - This initiative provides fun, low-commitment and hands-on opportunities for kids and their parents to volunteer in impactful ways.